By Greg Ford
There were many standout performances this year during the 13-4A girls’ basketball season, including by members of the Lady Pirates and Lady Raiders.
Those players, along with others from the eight-team district, were recently honored with inclusion on All-District team.
The most notable local selection was Wylie senior Colby Davis, who was named the Defensive Player of the Year.
Making the first team were Wylie East junior Emily Hartegan, Wylie junior Kennedi Foreman and Lady Pirate senior Shae Stewart.
Lady Raider junior Raven Moore and Wylie senior Taelor Drew were named to the second team, while honorable mention status was earned by Wylie senior Taylor Jordan, East junior Nadja Jones and East sophomore Jazmin Shields.
The other individual winners were McKinney North senior Alexis Mason (District MVP), Royse City senior Krystal Pickron (Offensive Player of the Year), McKinney North freshman Jocelyn Scott (Newcomer of the Year) and McKinney North’s Michael Oldham (Coach of the Year).
Also selected to the first team were:
• Lovejoy — junior Shani Rainey and sophomore Samantha Odom.
• McKinney North — juniors KK Connor and Amy Kleynhans and sophomore Chanterria Jackson.
• Royse City — senior Sydnie Erbe.
• Sherman — juniors Jayzhia Softly and Sa’Liesha Hunter.
• Greenville — senior Mackenzie Cooper.
The remaining second-team selections were:
• Lovejoy — junior Stefanie Lewerenz and sophomore Paige Eberhart.
• McKinney North — senior Viona Vranqui.
• Royse City — senior Lauren Dusek.
• Sherman — juniors Brelyn Keys and J’Lyn Wash and senior Ashley Crockett.
• Greenville — seniors Madelyn Crabtree and Elizabeth Rutherford.